Thursday 15 September 2011

Can you 'Think' yourself thin?........tough question!

As mentioned in a previous post here the mere mention of the word 'diet' throws me into a state of panic which makes me end up eating more than I had previously! Thus leaving me with muffin tops, or should I say 'family sized cakes' that even Mary Berry herself would be proud of.

So a decision was made to try 'portion control' as opposed to cutting out certain foods to see if that helped instead. That alongside the fact that I had been offered the chance to try the new Thinking Slimmer Slimpods that I had heard so much about via Twittershere!

So I opted for the 'Drop a dress Size' although it had been initially intended for me to try the 'Drop a Jean Size' however this wasn't available online at the time, but it is now. I also took the opportunity to try the Chillpod they do, as lets face it unless you really are Mother Teresa in disguise who doesn't need to chill out a little when they have kids!!

Excitedly I downloaded my new Slimpods onto my Ipod and chose to start listening to them everyday in the evening before I go to bed.


The premise is that you listen to the slimpod for 21days consecutively and then start listening to the booster pod after that for another 21 consecutive days, and then as and when you need it afterwards.

Now I'm a firm believer in mind over matter anyway ( although harder to put into practice) and love all forms of alternative healing and medicines. So this really is right up my street.

I started on Tuesday 6th September, as I felt it was a great new start as kids were starting back to school and our whole routine was about to change anyway.


I am very proud to say that since that date I have not a biscuit, crisp or a smidge of chocolate has passed my lips!! I am truly amazed, not because I have unbelievable willpower ( otherwise I would have a figure like Cheryl Cole!) but it's been more of a feeling of not really wanting them................I know I'm still shocked! I have found myself saying 'No' to stuff before I have really thought about whether I want it or not. Now don't get me wrong if I really had a craving for something I would have it, but then be safe in the knowledge that I would simply go back to not craving them and saying 'No' again.

Today I put on a pair of size 10 linen trousers that had over the summer become extremely snug to say the least, pretty much making me resemble the Michelin man with his several spare tyres........I kid you not! But today, they were still a bit tight but I could feel the difference with them. They were comfortable for a start and I didn't get the feeling that my knickers were going to disappear up my arse never to return again! Surely that's a step in the right direction.

A VPL I don't want to replicate!!

Don't get me wrong I haven't got shed loads to lose. I have generally been a size 8-10 for a long time but now my size 10's are cutting off my circulation and leaving unsightly bulges in all the inappropriate places. Totally not a good look!


So there you have it, Day 10 of my Thinking Slimmer challenge and at the moment I am totally convinced this is the way to go for me. I am not able to exercise due to my M.E so I have to make do with a little ironing or an odd bit of hoovering to push my activity levels up more than normal.

I shall continue and update you all again after my initial 21 days. keep you fingers crossed the weight will come off.

In the meantime check it out for yourself at www.thinkingslimmer.com or find them on Twitter and Facebook too.



I have not received payment for this post however I was sent the Slimpods free of charge to trial. All opinions in this post are my own.

6 comments:

  1. I definitely need to try this! .. She says surrounded by 12 mini muffins, 2 big bars of galaxy, and a packet of bourbons! You can think yourself fat, so why not think yourself slim? I think it's a great idea! Will loom forward to hearing about it after 21 days are done! Keep up the good work :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. nannysnotebooks- lol that made me giggle! Don't start me on Galaxy or my slimpod will be thrown aside tonight! :)

    Looking for Blue Sky- thanks need it to last! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good isn't it. And I know if I have a bingy day, that tomorrow I won't do it again, and it'll be back to eating sensibly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I downloaded them a little while ago, but then fell off the wagon. Time to get back to Trevor methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scottish- it is! And I totally agree if I eat something I just don't worry as I know it wont happen the next day :)

    Mother badger- His voice is great isn't it!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. They make me smile!